Hello my loyal subjects, it’s me, your queen! MacBeth and I are now living at the royal palace. It’s been going alright, but MacBeth is having trouble sleeping at night. He still feels really bothered about murdering Duncan.
MacBeth and I have become really nervous about Banquo. The witches predicted that Banquo’s sons would become kings, which isn’t good for us! That means that the throne might not be passed on to a son of ours, but to a son of Banquo’s (OMG)! After all we did to get the crown, we are SO not going to just give it away to Banquo’s son! Also, Banquo is the only other person who knows about the witches’ prophecies. If he revealed that, then, everyone would be more than suspicious of how MacBeth became king! That would be, like, really bad!
I’ve been feeling really weird and anxious lately. I know this sounds strange, but I feel like even after all we’ve put into becoming the king and queen, I still don’t feel happy or content. And MacBeth has been keeping to himself a lot lately. I thought that maybe this whole thing would bring us more together, but I feel like we’ve become sort of distant. MacBeth has been saying that he’d almost rather be dead than be going through this terrible anxiety and sleeplessness. He’s also upset because there are still threats to the throne that need to be dealt with. I tried to comfort him, and tell him he should act happy and cheerful at the banquet we are having tonight. Hopefully things will get better. :/
Wow, I’d actually rather be murdered than in your shoes right now...
ReplyDeleteI have a plan that will hopefully solve some of our problems... You'll see what I'm talking about after it's done.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to go attempt to sleep now.